Day 34, 35 36 Thur Fri Sat June 15, 16 and 17

We made it home! After dropping Sara off to the airport at 6:30 am, Jeff and I hit the road.  We drove 1900 + miles in three days!  It was a VERY long ride and my butt was really killing me!!  We were more than ready to stop living out of our car!

Reflections of our trip:

I am more than grateful to have spent this time with Jeff.  I feel that this trip has allowed us to make memories that we will forever keep in our hearts.  Yes there were times we were homesick, and tired of each other.  Yes it was hard at times to be living out of our car, but there were more times where we laughed and explored this great country.  It is surreal to think we did it, it is hard to remember all the things we did, but over time I am sure we will share stories here and there of what we did.

One of my favorite stories happened near the end of the trip.  We were at a construction zone on a road where we had to wait for the lead car to take us through the construction.  We were first in line.  There was an old woman who was holding the stop sign in the hot sun just standing there.  Jeff opened his window and offered her a hard candy!  She was so happy and came over and talked with him for a good 10 minutes.  Thats the kid I know and love.

Thanks for reading our blog.  I hope someday each one of you gets to take a trip with someone you love, a trip that will last beyond a lifetime.

Comments

  1. I've loved reading your blog and catching up when I couldn't read it every day...kind of like reading a good book. In fact, the way you write, it would make for a good book.😁 So proud of Jeff. You raised a good son.😍 Glad you made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 29 Saturday June 9

Day 32 Tuesday June 12